CAT® DIESEL ENGINES
The four-cycle Cat® diesel engine combines consistent performance with excellent fuel economy and transient response that meets or exceeds ISO 8528-5. The engines feature a reliable, rugged, and durable design that has been field proven in thousands of applications worldwide in emergency standby installations.
Engine Model: Cat® C18 ACERT In-line 6, 4-cycle diesel
Displacement: 18.1 L (1106.3 in³)
Aspiration: Turbocharged Air-to-Air Aftercooled
Fuel Injection System: Electronic Unit Injection
Governor: Electronic ADEM™ A4
Emission Certifications: EPA TIER II
*Designed as direct replacement for LC7024
The new alternator *LC7224 used on Cat packages have been designed and tested to work with the Cat engine. The generators are built with robust Class H insulation and provide industry-leading motor starting capability and altitude capabilities.
Alternator Design: Brushless Single Bearing, 4 Pole
Stator: 2/3 Pitch
Available Voltage Options: 600 / 480 / 240 / 220 / 208V
Alternator Insulation & IP: Class H; IP23
Available Excitation Options: Self-Excited, AREP
Temperature rise: 125 / 130° C
Digital control panel with advance protection and remote communications.
RPM, DC volts, Operation hours, Oil pressure (psi, kPa or bar),
Amps (per phase & average), and more...
Warning / shutdown (LED indication) of:
Low oil pressure, High coolant temperature, Overspeed,
Emergency stop, and more...
Programmable protective relaying functions:
Generator phase sequence, Over/Under voltage, Reverse
Power and more...
Customer data link (RS485 Modbus RTu), Serial annunciator
module data link for local & remote annunciator, and more...
IVR - Integrated Voltage Regulator (Digital)
EM10 Excitation Module
*3000A breaker (for 750 kW @ 208V)
CIRCUIT BREAKER / IVR
FULLY RATED MAINLINE CIRCUIT BREAKER
• Housed in vibration isolated sheet steel enclosure
• Oversized electrical stub-up area
(can be terminated both vertically and horizontally
• Increased rating to *3000A
INTEGRATE VOLTAGE REGULATOR (IVR)
• Robust, precise closed-loop control of the generator voltage
• Optimized transient performance
• Industry leading feature specification
• Load voltage is kept at +0.5 percent from no load to full load
BASE FUEL TANK
• The sub-base fuel tank mounts below the generator set wide
• Integral diesel fuel tank is incorporated into the generator set
• Robust base design includes linear vibration isolators between
tank base and engine generator
• UL listed for United States (UL 142) & Canada (CAN/ULC S601)
• Facilitates compliance with NFPA 30 code, NFPA 37 & 110
standards & CSA C282 code
• Compatible with open packages and enclosures
• Dual wall
• Lockable fuel fill cap, 4" (101.6 mm) NPT